"What has Councillor Goldspink ever done for us", I hear you say. Well, how about:
- Issued newsletters every two to three months telling you what is going on, from 2001 to date
- Held regular surgeries and been available day (and sometimes night) time to help
- Represented your views in the Council chamber and at committee meetings
- Stopped the late night noise and nuisance from the Millennium Centre in Dickens Street
- Challenged the late opening and associated trouble at the Hill Close pizza shop
- Got traffic calming installed on Reeves Way
- Made Breaks Snooker club install speed bumps and improve their premises, and prompted strong conditions on their new licence
- Got the awful flowerbed traffic calming feature in Charles Street replaced with a smaller feature requiring no maintenance, and increased the number of parking spaces there
- Achieved the installation of concrete corners on Broad Close green, preventing traffic damage
- Persuaded the Council to move a bus stop on Star Road to stop nuisance being caused to residents by waiting passengers
- Successfully campaigned with Cllr Mark Collins for an HGV ban on Oxney Road
- Got safety fencing installed outside Newark Hill School and bollards on the corners of Gildenburgh Avenue
- Worked with Cllr Marion Todd to get horses on the Embankment removed
- Campaigned against the closure of Hill Close post office (sadly unsuccessful)
- Sorted out a drugs issue in Whalley Street
- Sorted out a bus stop problem in Eastfield Road
- Worked with Council to stop fly tipping in Meadenvale
- Persuaded the Council to clean up the Palmers Road copse
- Arranged for pedestrian safety fencing to be installed on the corner of Padholme Road and Eastfield road
- Worked with residents to get the junction with Eastfield Grove and Eastfield Road Improved
- Successfully campaigned for an extra lane to be installed at the Bishops Road / Vineyard Road junction
- Persuaded the Council to resurface Gildenburgh Avenue - after a long battle.
- Getting the graffiti removed from the Fletton Parkway river bridge, and having it overpainted each time the graffiti artists try to deface it; they must be getting frustrated by now!!
- Worked with Cross Keys Home to make huge improvements to the gardens, road and pavements behind the Hill Close shops.
- Shamed a resident into stopping anti-social rubbish dumping after threats and court action had failed.
.....and 390 pieces of individual casework since May 2002.
I hope you feel that you have been well served and will remember what I have done when I am up for re-election in 2012!!