Are there ways in which you could improve Councillors' interaction with the public?
We think so...
The Councillor.info project has been going from strength to strength in recent months.
The project was developed to strengthen the community leadership and involvement of councillors and their
Democratic Services teams. Councillor.info is designed to provide ongoing support,
promotion, ideas and initiatives to ensure councillors can realise the full potential
of an online presence.
With simple to use online tools, thousands
of local residents can be reached every day. The system can create
websites, blogs, mailings, monitor visitor numbers and increase a
councillor's local profile quickly and cost effectively which will enable
a councillor to make best use of his/her time.
The ultimate aim of Councillor.info is to encourage councillors to create and actively
manage websites and other online tools so to interact with local residents
whilst being supported by their Local Authority's Democratic Services staff.
With over 29 million internet users in the UK, how many of these users are in your community and are able to vote for councillors?
- A safe easy-to-manage way to take your first steps online
- A proven way of motivating up to 100% of the councillors at your local authority to take their first steps online
- Attract 300+ visitors per month to each councillor's site (current average visitor-numbers for established users)
- Easy to deploy - no involvement for Council IT departments
- Easy to manage website for every councillor
- Create blogs, polls and other interactive online tools for your community
- Regular advice bulletins with hints and tips for content and promotion
- Access to the Councillor.info extranet containing support materials, sample documents, posters and archived materials
For Democratic Services teams
- Learn how to support councillors with their online initiatives and motivate them to
engage with the public efficiently - online
- Ensure you are offering the latest in online democracy services
- Learn how to measure performance and suggest improvements
- Creates no additional burden on Local Authorities' IT infrastructure
- On-going training sessions
- Regular user groups for officers responsible for online mentoring
"Communications are changing. Public representatives once linked with the public through public meetings.
They are long-gone and, once the history of e-government is written,
it will be initiatives such as this that will be seen to have re-established that link."
Cllr Tony Martin, Lancashire County Council
"I believe that my website adds a new dimension to our consultation process allowing me to keep my
residents informed and for them to tell me what they think of things going on in the borough."
Councillor Derek Kimber, Gosport BC
"At a recent training session we were shown various useful tools and I was amazed that in the
few short weeks there was already around 300 visits - meeting that number of people in the same time
would give me celebrity status!"
Councillor Chris Ash, Peterborough Council
With Councillor.info there are a number of levels of involvement - simply choose the model
that responds to your online democracy policies. For more information on the solution or to
discuss pricing solutions to suit your Council, please contact us - details below.
Godel Technologies Europe Ltd.
Tel: 0161 219 8101